The Big 4 Banks have, over the last few years, been buying up big in the name of expanding their market share within Australia. Don't be fooled into banking with the Big 4 when you thought you were supporting another financial institution.
- 9 out of 10 new mortgages signed in Australia are with the Big 4 banks!
- Commonwealth Bank owns Bankwest and a 80% share of Aussie Home Loans
- NAB owns UBank and Choice Home Loans
- ANZ owns One Path (formally the Wealth Management arm of ING Australia)
- Westpac owns St George Bank, Bank SA, Bank of Melbourne and Rams Home Loans.
Were you surprised by this infographic?