Drafts are simply bank cheques made to an overseas recipient, who can deposit the cheque directly into their own account.
Drafts are an ideal payment method when you have small amounts to pay, or you do not know the banking details of the person you need to send money to.
They can be ordered at your nearest branch and are typically available within 72 hours.
Why should I use a draft?
- Available in over 10 currencies.
- Can be enclosed with a letter and posted to the recipient.
- Can be stopped and replaced should it go missing in transit (conditions apply).
- Offers security around payment – drafts are non-negotiable and can only be credited to the recipient’s bank account, unless the payee has endorsed the draft.
How to send a draft
You just need to provide us with the following information and we will facilitate the payment for you:
- Recipient's full name and street address.
- Any special instructions for the transfer.
- Currency and amount.
Contact us to arrange your draft today.
For further information, please refer to the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS). The information contained in this document has been prepared without taking into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. You should read the PDS and consider the appropriateness of International Payments in relation to your individual requirements. International Payments are arranged through American Express International, Inc. (ABN 15 000 618 208, AFSL No. 237996). Incorporated with limited liability in Delaware, USA. ®Registered trademark of American Express Company.